Tuesday, January 1, 2013

my time with the poms...




Our Cute Lil' Rental Car!
Am sitting in heathrow airport after 3 weeks in rainy England. I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I was expecting, and had some interesting experiences going down country lanes where you had to manoeuvre past cars on a one lane road with hedges reaching to the skies.

In the gardens outside of Warwick Castle!
I particularly enjoyed meeting up with my two friends, Sam and then Iggy. I saw a lot of the country side with them. We went to Bath and checked out the Roman Baths - and got swooped back to ancient times. I explored old heritage listed houses and got dressed up in old English dresses and sat daintily on cute oval window sills and extremely old couches. It was an experience to see a castle and go into the dungeons that smelt of urine and have actors jump out from behind walls and spook you out! but all in good fun!
Having lunch at a English pub! 

I enjoyed particularly going to the English pubs, and eating excellent meals like roasted duck, seafood platters, and roasted chicken. They were delicious and I enjoyed a good English beer with it. I was surprised at how nice they all were - nothing like the Aussie pubs we have back home where you just get deeply fried chips and a beer and that'll do just fine.

I met a lot of English lasses and lads over cups of teas in lounge-rooms, eating pudding (which is pretty much just dessert) and laughing at phrases like "you alrigh'?" and "innit".

London was incredible with all the large old buildings, and large parks marked with geese and squirrels. I did enjoy spending most of my time eating picnic foods like cheese and crackers, dips and wine. And seeing the whole view of England while twirling around on swings high in the sky!


No comments:

Post a Comment