Last wednesday, Sarah and a bunch of her friends and I all went down to Tybee Island near Savannah, Georgia. We stayed in a cozy little wooden cabin and had a campfire almost every night :) We spent most of the first day at the beach and we all got lovely tans (and some burns)! I went for a lovely run along the beach, however injured my foot from the hard sand... so was wobbling the rest of the trip haha.
We had a lovely day walking around cobbled-stoned streets in Savannah which had so much history! Every street corner seemed to have a beautiful green park with monuments or fountains. We walked into cute cafes, clothes stores, op shops, and honey makin stores. We also went to a huge church which blew me away, as it had blue marbled pillars and huge ceilings. I had to catch my breathe and mediated in the pews, so nice!
I spent a large amount of time reading a book that my workmates gave me "God of small things" by an Indian philosopher and it kept me enraptured the whole trip.
To describe my thought patterns and experience i guess i could say it as 'a slowly winding down clock'. I feel my life in Canberra was soo fast pace and i hadn't had much time to think about life and what i wanted for the future. The last week or so has been nice to grab some time to stop and think about things, and just have time to write and journal.
I have been challenged in my perspectives on God and Justice as well as what it means to be open about my struggles or hurts. My family are very big on 'grace' (meaning God's unmerited favour upon us). And so i've been trying to learn that my 'negative thoughts' of the past should not hold a grip on me due to being forgiven. This is very freeing - but i'm still learning how to understand this fully.
| A shrimp boil |
loved it BYNTH.
ReplyDeleteLove YOU too. MUM